Supervison for Therapists, Counsellors & Coaches
Marcus is a qualified and experienced supervisor in Notting Hill, West London, and is registered as a psychotherapist with the UKCP and accredited by the BACP.
His approach is integrative and humanistic with a particular focus on body-oriented modalities such as formative psychology, somatic experiencing and Pesso-Boyden Therapy.
What Happens in Supervision?
Supervision was described by the authors Inskipp and Proctor as ‘a working alliance between two professionals where supervisees offer an account of their work, reflect on it, receive feedback, and receive guidance if appropriate. The object of this alliance is to enable the worker to gain in ethical competency, confidence and creativity so as to give the best possible service to clients.’
Supervision should always be appropriate to your needs and to those of your clients. It offers a contained, safe space for the exploration, review and discussion of:
- your ongoing work with clients
- your caseload management
- your strategies, goals, contracts and treatment plans
- your clinical and ethical dilemmas
- your skills development, including observational skills
- your choice of interventions
- your clients’ dreams
- your clients’ language, metaphors and imagery
- your professional development
- aspects, where relevant, of your personal development
Supervision with Marcus will offer you an experience of being:
- held and supported
- challenged in a way that is calculated to be productive for you and your clients
- encouraged and inspired during difficult times
- worked with collaboratively
There is space for:
- all your feelings
- your counter-transference
- your thoughts
- your fears
- your questions
- discussion of parallel processes
Further Steps and Information
Supervision is not only an ongoing professional requirement for you as a therapist, counsellor or coach, but it should be seen as a real gift to both you and your clients.
Contact Marcus to talk about supervision sessions, frequency, duration, fees and other arrangements to suit your requirements.